Day 7 Friday June 16, 2006
Today consisted of a 16 hour van ride back to Texas. About two hours before we arrived at the border we were stopped at one the many military road side check points. It was pretty stressful. There were about four to five guys with machine guns. They couldn’t be more than 17 or 18 years old. They kept us for about 20 minutes. Two guys were talking to our driver while the others stared at us and pounded on the sides of the van looking for secret compartments. We glad to leave that behind us.
The border went well, we didn’t even need to get out of the van. Yeah! When we got to Texas we ate at a restaurant that was like a really clean Ponderosa or Ryan’s. Yum! Even though I could pretty much make out what the signs in Mexico were talking about, it was nice to finally see a sign I did not need to decipher.
We got to Tree Of Life Church and our host home very late at night. Sharli and I were really looking forward to our comfy bed in the tree house that rocked us to sleep. We got about 4 hours of sleep before getting up for the flight home.
The border went well, we didn’t even need to get out of the van. Yeah! When we got to Texas we ate at a restaurant that was like a really clean Ponderosa or Ryan’s. Yum! Even though I could pretty much make out what the signs in Mexico were talking about, it was nice to finally see a sign I did not need to decipher.
We got to Tree Of Life Church and our host home very late at night. Sharli and I were really looking forward to our comfy bed in the tree house that rocked us to sleep. We got about 4 hours of sleep before getting up for the flight home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home