From The Mind Of moe

I am a Teaching assistant, wife and mother of three with many goals. I made this blog mostly to combat insanity

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day 5 Wednesday June 14, 2006

Today my group went to an Orphanage. This was our kid’s favorite place to go. The children don’t get very many visitors. They were very excited to see us as our kids come to the gate dressed as clowns. They handed out balloon shapes and took their picture with a Polaroid camera. They played with the children for most of the morning until the children had to take showers and get ready for lunch and off to school. In Mexico children go to school in shifts, some in the morning and others in the afternoon.

The group before us cleaned and painted the girls bedroom. This left the boys room for us. Man, was it filthy. We noticed that all the mothers in our group had boys and figured this was part of God’s plan. We probably were not quite as grossed out as the other group would have been. While we painted the boys room, some girls went to the girl’s room and painted scripture and flowers on the walls. It was just amazing how little this children had. All they had in the world fit in a locker. After lunch we finished working in went back to the hotel.

My room mates were still gone when I got back to the room, so I got some much needed time to myself. I took a small nap and found a movie in English with Spanish subtitles. It was a very refreshing two hours. That evening I had the chance to say at the hotel, but I decided to go back to the Ranch church for children’s service. Zak was going to give his testimony and I wanted to see him.

We did more face painting and balloons. The clown boxes got mixed up and we did not have the equipment we neededfor the puppet show and play. The children had to wait a long time while we got organized.

In the mean time Zak entertained the crowd in his clown outfit. He pretended to play ball and run around the bases. He fell down and hit himself with a pretend bat. The children loved it. Nobody told him to do it, he just took charge helped the way he knew how. It was like watching Jerry Lewis. I’m really glad I had the opportunity to see it. I got most of it on tape. I loaned my tapes to Tree Of Life. They will send them back to me soon so I can put pictures on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home