Mission Trip Day 1
Saturday 10, 2006
The first day we were full of my emotions, excitement, fear, sleepiness. I had a feeling this was going to be a stretch of my Christian maturity, and in many ways it was. This was going to be my first time for many things. I have never been so far from home with out my parents or a close family member before. This may sound silly since I am almost 40, but the occasion never arose before now. I have a very close family and we just seem to everything together. I had never been on a plane before this day. I had lots of wonder going through my head as to what this would be like. One thing I learn on this trip was that God never fails. He may not come in and coddle you like a baby all the time but he NEVER fails.
We made it through baggage and security. I learned for the ride back to wear flip flops. Laced up tennis shoes on the schedule we were on takes too long. It is amazing how many people can push through a line behind you when you are trying to carry a bag and a pillow while trying to tie you shoes. The plane was smaller than the ones in the movies and I didn’t get to sit by Zak. Later I realized that this was for the best. Zak sat by one of the parents from our group and I sat next to a guy that had traveled many times. Both of these people were blessings to us and nicely answered all questions we had. After I asked “will it feel like a roller coaster going up?” The man next to me said “You’ve never flown before have you”. He was real nice about it though. He talked to me about nothing in particular the whole time we were going up and again when we were landing. God knew just what I needed when he sat me next to that guy! The landing was a little bumpy, but not so much that I wouldn’t get on the plane to go home.
We arrived at Tree Of Life church and had pizza for supper and a great worship service. I love it when churches rock it out. Afterwards we went to our host homes.
My friend, Sharli and I went to a house that was up on stilts. It was at a lake and it floods quickly in Texas. We called it the Tree house. Our hosts name was Cheryl. Her daughter was the same age as the two girls with us. We thought the girls would stay up late giggling, but it was Sharli and I who did it. As I sat on the bed my first thought was that it was a waterbed. Cheryl came in and told us that the house sways whenever someone walks around. And sway it did! Sharli and I spent the night giggling every time we felt it. We decided that we were blessed to have a house that rocked us to sleep. It reminded me of when I was a child and lived in a trailer close to the train tracks.
The first day we were full of my emotions, excitement, fear, sleepiness. I had a feeling this was going to be a stretch of my Christian maturity, and in many ways it was. This was going to be my first time for many things. I have never been so far from home with out my parents or a close family member before. This may sound silly since I am almost 40, but the occasion never arose before now. I have a very close family and we just seem to everything together. I had never been on a plane before this day. I had lots of wonder going through my head as to what this would be like. One thing I learn on this trip was that God never fails. He may not come in and coddle you like a baby all the time but he NEVER fails.
We made it through baggage and security. I learned for the ride back to wear flip flops. Laced up tennis shoes on the schedule we were on takes too long. It is amazing how many people can push through a line behind you when you are trying to carry a bag and a pillow while trying to tie you shoes. The plane was smaller than the ones in the movies and I didn’t get to sit by Zak. Later I realized that this was for the best. Zak sat by one of the parents from our group and I sat next to a guy that had traveled many times. Both of these people were blessings to us and nicely answered all questions we had. After I asked “will it feel like a roller coaster going up?” The man next to me said “You’ve never flown before have you”. He was real nice about it though. He talked to me about nothing in particular the whole time we were going up and again when we were landing. God knew just what I needed when he sat me next to that guy! The landing was a little bumpy, but not so much that I wouldn’t get on the plane to go home.
We arrived at Tree Of Life church and had pizza for supper and a great worship service. I love it when churches rock it out. Afterwards we went to our host homes.
My friend, Sharli and I went to a house that was up on stilts. It was at a lake and it floods quickly in Texas. We called it the Tree house. Our hosts name was Cheryl. Her daughter was the same age as the two girls with us. We thought the girls would stay up late giggling, but it was Sharli and I who did it. As I sat on the bed my first thought was that it was a waterbed. Cheryl came in and told us that the house sways whenever someone walks around. And sway it did! Sharli and I spent the night giggling every time we felt it. We decided that we were blessed to have a house that rocked us to sleep. It reminded me of when I was a child and lived in a trailer close to the train tracks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home