Day 4 Tuesday June 13, 2006
Today after another wonderful breakfast my group went to a city church. It was a larger church with an upstairs room for their children Sunday school. The bathroom was better. It had a seat on the toilet and a light. It was definetly an outside bathroom but cleanish enough to potty in. We continued to paint where the other team left off from the day before. We saw other spider like the last one. I took it better this time until it started to jump. Our new motto for any spider less than an inch in diameter was “that’s no spider.” I got to see a gecko. He was pink and had a cute wiggle when he ran.
For lunch we went to the pastor’s house. His wife’s name was Marta. I love her! The first thing she did was greet each one of us and say “my home is your home.” I am not exactly sure what the meat thing was we ate, but I had two helpings. She made us American French fries and best rice I’ve ever had. She sat with us and joked around. The way she talked and laughed I felt as if I was with my family. This was the first time I felt really comfortable.
After we ate we all prayed for her. She went out in the spirit and fell into me. I almost went out too. I think the only thing holding us up was the table behind me. Then she started praying for each of us. She held our faces and prayed in Spanish. I did not know what she was saying but it touched my spirit. I started to cry and felt a release of peace in my body. My friend Pam had the same thing. Soon we were laughing about it.
That night’s service was great. It was interesting hearing half in Spanish and half in English. We prayed over a lot of people. It was nice to be involved in the service instead of just a spectator. I got to see Marta again and introduce her to Zak. We got back to hotel late, so it was another night of eat and go right to bed.
For lunch we went to the pastor’s house. His wife’s name was Marta. I love her! The first thing she did was greet each one of us and say “my home is your home.” I am not exactly sure what the meat thing was we ate, but I had two helpings. She made us American French fries and best rice I’ve ever had. She sat with us and joked around. The way she talked and laughed I felt as if I was with my family. This was the first time I felt really comfortable.
After we ate we all prayed for her. She went out in the spirit and fell into me. I almost went out too. I think the only thing holding us up was the table behind me. Then she started praying for each of us. She held our faces and prayed in Spanish. I did not know what she was saying but it touched my spirit. I started to cry and felt a release of peace in my body. My friend Pam had the same thing. Soon we were laughing about it.
That night’s service was great. It was interesting hearing half in Spanish and half in English. We prayed over a lot of people. It was nice to be involved in the service instead of just a spectator. I got to see Marta again and introduce her to Zak. We got back to hotel late, so it was another night of eat and go right to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home