Day 2 Sunday June 11, 2006
We got up well before the sun and our host Cheryl drove us back to the church. She made us breakfast burritos for the ride. Like Yum! It had eggs, potatoes and cheese. She pampers us and we love it. We piled in to four vans and started on our 16 hour drive. As we were changing money I asked someone how long until we reach the border. He walked me to the window and said. “See that fence across the street? That’s it”. Well at least I didn’t ask after we got in. Crossing the border was exciting and unnerving. We had to make sure the kids kept quiet and did not horse around. Our paperwork went right through. Praise God. For the rest of the trip every time someone asked “how long?” the answer was always 3 hours. We were able to see mountains which were exciting, but very hard to take pictures of from the bumpy van ride. Zak got a migraine during the last hour of the ride. When we got to the hotel, Zak and I left the rest of the group back at the vans with their meeting while I ran him to the lobby. It seem forever until we received the key to his room. Normally when Zak gets migraines there is crying and puking involved. He has to go to bed and by the morning he is better. I wasn’t able to give him Advil until an hour or so after he started getting the pain. He laid in the lobby on a couch while I prayed over him. When we went to his room, I immediately put him in the shower. Then the miracle happened. A headache that usually takes all night left totally within 5 minutes after the shower and Zak was able to fall fast asleep in minutes. I was able to go to my own room and get a well needed sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home